Since the launch of the App Store and Google Play in 2008, mobile apps have revolutionized our everyday lives. In 2021, the average person uses 10 apps a day and 30 apps a month. Apps have become integral in almost all aspects of life, from social media to productivity, news to entertainment, health to leisure, and beyond. And the app industry continues to grow, offering more and more innovative ways to make life easier.
Thanks to the emergence of blockchain technology, an entirely new industry of apps are being developed for the Web3 market. We can refer to it as "Web3 apps".
While they aren’t yet as popular as messaging apps like WhatsApp or social media apps like TikTok, Web3 apps are forecasted to become as commonplace as retail banking apps.
Web3 Market Overview:
- The Web3 user base hit the 100 million mark in January 2021—a milestone that is driving the rapid development and adoption of Web3 apps.
- As of February 2021, there are nearly 70 million blockchain wallet users and over 80 different types of wallets. Wallet is only one of the Web3 app types.
- As of August 2021, there are nearly 4,000 active cryptocurrency-based decentralized applications running across more than a dozen blockchain platforms, including Ethereum, Solana, BSC, and more. (This number does not account for all the CEX apps in the market like Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken.)
- So if there are so many Web3 apps already on the market, where are they hosted?
- Where can people easily discover, manage, and access them?
- And, when it comes to developers, who is helping them create, monetize, validate, deploy and market their Web3 apps?
One Major Problem in Web3:
- For users, there is no one easy-to-use platform where they can discover and manage vetted Web3 apps and enjoy a personalized experience.
- For developers, there is currently no comprehensive marketplace to efficiently and economically monetize and market their apps to users, just directories with links.
The Magic Store is the first DAO integrated platform for Web3 apps. With Magic Store, the community of users and developers can control app quality and app listing to the Store, preventing inappropriate apps from being listed.
Magic Store users have a personalized dashboard called Magic Spaces where they can access all their Web3 apps seamlessly, easily, and securely. Moreover, users have the option to track all activity across all their Web3 apps and interact with the Magic Square Community.
The Magic Store features a variety of opportunities for users, including earning Magic Karma, joining the Magic Boost Affiliate program, and taking advantage of special deals.
We at Magic Square know how important it is for developers to reach their target audience. We designed Magic Boost as a marketplace that helps Web3 startups and established companies market their apps to relevant audiences. We offer comprehensive support for app visibility and exposure, as well as special deals to attract even more users.